Friday 18 June 2010

Secondly, PREVENTION

"Remember to BRA! (Block, Remove, Advice)"

This is what you can do for you and your friends. By blocking and removing you are cutting off any future communication with the scammer. By advising your friends (especially those in common), you are making sure your friends and potentially any of their friends aren't at risk to the scammer.

"Report"

Simple enough, go to their community web page and report the person for "user misconduct" with a little description of what they have done or attempted to do. Even if the user isn't the original scammer and is another a stolen account, this still helps. Every scammer you report is another tosser out of the community they don't deserve to be part of.

"Steam Support (It's there for a reason)"

Set up a Steam Support account and use the ask a question function to put forward your case in an attempt to retrieve your stolen account. This is the best system in trying to retrieve your account, and trust me, it works, I've managed to get back my account by using this. Remember also to check the "Knowledge base" for any other related problems you may have with Steam as well.

"Spread the Word"

By joining the Steam group and inviting your friends YOU are helping the Steam community. At the end of the day we don't want anybody feeling helpless and alone from the threat of scammers, we are here to aid you. Anti-Scammer Steam Group

1 comment:

  1. Check out this email I recieved from Terry Cuthbert of Lifetime WOW... Terrence Cuthbert 5/15/13
    I am going to pay for domain name Carolshannonscammer I will post all payments in LTPD as if it was free to you and you can not prove you paid for them directly so you are screwed You will never see 1 cent of your money that you payed me or any product from it. You worked for nothing I took your downline and everyone thinks your a joke. Your 10 thousand dollars less and I made over 2 million from idiots like you. You are a joke and desperate. I have a team of people here using my name to make money and each person thinks they are dealing with Terry. The whole bunch of you are idiots.

    ReplyDelete